Becoming a Volunteer

Thank you for your interest in volunteering.

Volunteering in fire provides roles that range well beyond just fighting fires, volunteers do much much more.
Scroll down for some of the fundamental categories of volunteers if you're interested in more.

If you do have interest in joining our department you can download an adult application and drop it off.

Emergency Personnel

These are the members that respond to the emergencies for what they are trained for, the types of calls range well outside of just fires and can include vehicle accidents, flooding incidents, electrical hazards or even trees or debris on roadway. These are a frontline type of personnel.

Emergency personnel are managed by the line officers of the station.

Fire Police

Fire police are individuals trained and certified in handling scene care and traffic duties, making sure that emergency personnel, equipment, traffic and all bystanders stay safe during any emergency. Fire police are also often called upon for public service duties in providing safe travels for funerals, parades, marathons and more.

Fire police operations and personnel are led by the FP Captain and FP Lieutenant.

Business Personnel

Fire stations while an emergency service are also functionally a business, and as such can regularly use anyone with business skills to help run, maintain and manage station operations and work. There's a lot of that goes into keeping a station running professionally and funded, and members that assist the business operations are core to running the station.

The executive officers are the leaders of this tree.

Junior Membership

Here in Pennsylvania you can join and begin training in certain things as young as 15 years old. Volunteering in fire as a junior can provide an individual with great experiences early on in training, pride of serving communities and an extended family of other fire personnel.

If you're under 18 years of age or you're a parent whose child is interested in joining, please contact us for more information.

More information

Applied? There are some things you can do to get yourself prepared a bit before we process and vote on the application;

Head over to FEMA and register for an SID if you don't already have one. You'll then want to take the following courses and print your certificates out; IS-100, IS-200, IS-700 and IS-800. All four of these are required for all members.

If you're interested in being involved in fire police activities as well, you will also want to at minimum grab the National TIM certification, and prepare to take PA's TIM certification at some point. Even if you aren't interested in fire police, TIM training has many safety considerations good for all volunteers to know.

There are a variety of other online self-study courses on there useful to experiences in emergency services that may be of interest to you as well, so feel free to take any you find and bring in the certificate for those as well.

Another site worth checking out for online self-study (or even classroom courses) is TrainPA. Many certifications on TrainPA as well as FEMA's training sites can also be used as CE credits if you're in an educational or employment program supporting them for benefits.