On March 10th, 1933, a meeting of 75 citizens of Stonycreek Township was held for the purpose of organizing a volunteer fire department.
Mr. Frank Helsel, President of the Dale Fire Co. was asked to assist and proposed the resolution to organize the company.
The first officers were:
President - Perce Appleyard
Vice President - Earl Griffith
Secretary - Earl Giles Jr.
Treasurer - Kline Ober
Fire Chief - Quint Geisel
Asst Chief - Ronald Hudson
2nd Asst Chief - Clyde Horner
Hose Director - Ken James
Pipe Director - Roy Strong
On April 21st of 1933, Oakland Volunteer Fire Company was officially incorporated with the state.
A plot of ground was offered by Mollie Bowden for the building. The current building is located on this plot of ground.
On September 15th, 1933, it was voted to purchase a Packard Touring Car and to convert it to a hose truck. It was stored in the basement of Eugene Schrader's Service Station.